Friday, January 25, 2008

The teacher teaches and says....

The teacher teaches and says...

My dear one,
I received the communication
that you wrote and sent.
I found in it the surging floods
of devotion and affection, with the
undercurrents of doubts and anxiety.

Let me tell you it is impossible
to plumb the hearts and discover
the holy ones, ascetics, saints,
sages and the like.

People are endowed with a variety
of characteristics and mental attitudes;
so, each one judges according to his own angle,
talks and argues in the light of his own nature.

But we have to stick to our path,
our own wisdom, our own resolution
without getting affected by popular appraisal.

As the proverb says,
it is the fruit laden tree that
receives the shower of stone from passers-by.
It is not the way of the great to swell
when people offer worship, and shrink when people scoff.

I have my own definition of devotion.
I expect that those who are devoted to God
have to treat joy and grief, gain and loss, with equal fortitude.'

divinely sent